Monday, March 22, 2021

FLOATING ELEMENT CARD


One of my favorite blogs to follow for videos is Lisa's Stamp Studio.  Last Monday, she had a video with this technique called "Floating Element".  If you go to her web page and look at her post for Monday, March 15th, you see how this is made.  It's a little hard to describe otherwise.

I wasn't sure where I was heading with it but first had to choose the colors I wanted to use and make some strips.  I figure using circle dies would be easy.  The die I used was Memory Box "Chloe Stem".  I may make something in another shape but for now this will be it.  I do think they would be neat using an oval or egg shape for Easter.  A heart die would be great for Valentine's Day, Wedding or Anniversary.

Thank you for coming by today.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love the colors you chose, Vicki! I did watch Lisa's video last week and I thought this was a very cool technique. I have it on my to-do list. :)

Cheryl W said...

I used your link to pop over to Lisa's blog and watch her video. What a cool idea! I love your card, and you've inspired me to give this a try. I don't think I have any "plain" egg dies (ones without a design on the inside), but I'm going to check and see, because I think this would be a fun technique for an Easter card.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...