Tuesday, June 14, 2022

THREE WINDOWS & EXCITING NEWS


 My friend, Kris, made a card recently using a die like this.  I liked the paper that she used better than this one but I just had to give it a try.  I think I will probably add a narrow banner with a sentiment but waiting to see how I will use it.


Surprise!  The floor was put down yesterday instead of today.  I love how the color of the room came out.  Too many times I pick out a color that is too dark but thos is just a really pretty light blue.  And the flooring is even better than I expected so I am one very happy crafter.......or will be when I get back in there. Today my husband will start putting the mop board and the rest of the window trim back in place that he removed for the painting -  so I might be able to start putting some things in the room by this afternoon.  This is HIS desk and it will be put right in the middle of that window on the right (going East and West). (That's where HE wants it.)   It used to be going North and South in the corner between the two windows.  The desk has an "arm" that pulls out on the right side that used to hold our printer but Gary probably won't use that anymore.  


My table will sit under those metal strips which hold white shelves.  I've had those for a long time and love how so many things are within my reach.  Once I get my craft table back in place. We will see whether a couple of new rolling carts will work out that I want.  The opposite wall is solid and will have three bookcases against it to hold a lot of supplies.  On the right of this picture is a hint of the 6 foot closet that is lined with white shelves. It normally holds crafting supplies but was very useful for "stuffing" a lot more of my things in there for this project.

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I really like that die, Vicki - so simple and very pretty with the patterned paper behind it. Your room is coming along nicely! Exciting! I always love organizing and putting things back in place.

bonnie32002 said...

I have been watching your cards and really impressed that you were still able to share cards during the construction. I love the photos of your room, bight and airy with the new wall color. I hope you will get to move back in quickly!

Cheryl W said...

I've not seen that die before, so thanks for sharing it. I really like how you used some pretty DSP behind it. I've got a few aperture dies that are similar. I think I'll try some pretty paper behind the "windows," and see what kind of cards I can come up with. It would be a good way to use up some scraps. Your craft room re-do looks great! That's such a nice space to craft in. My space is a dark corner of our basement--I don't even have a window!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...