Monday, June 27, 2022

CASING A YOU TUBE VIDEO


I think this idea came from "The Creativity Cave" on You Tube.  When I saw how she used the hexagon punch to cut five of the colors from the Stampin' Up! "Simply Marbleous" dsp, I decided it was going to make really quick and fun card.  I just punched 5 pieces, cut them in half and then added them to the white piece of card stock that is 4" x 5 1/4".  The pieces were added and I stamped the design in the center.  I colored with SU Blender pens.  This piece was then matted with the Balmy Blue card stock and placed on the white card base.

Yesterday my husband and I had a fun little day trip with our two adult daughters.  We had been to "The Largest Candy Store in Minnesota a/k/a Jim's Apple Farm" just south of Jordan MN a couple of times.  A few years ago we took the two youngest grandchildren on a weekend trip and that was one of the stops.  Our two daughters kept saying they wanted to go so we decided to take them. They have more candy there than you can imagine.  But they also have a lot of soda pop flavors that are no longer available in the stores AND they have thousands of puzzles.  One of the puzzles there was 42,000 pieces!!!!  Can you imagine putting that together?  

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun the four of us had together.   No spouses and no grandchildren - just the four of us.   We had so many hard laughs and giggles throughout the day.  It was truly good for the soul.  I don't think that just just the four of us had done anything since before they were out of school.  Truly a special day!

Thank you for coming by today! 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a fun border on your pretty card, Vicki! And oh my - what an awesome day you had!!! How cool to spend the day with your kids and no spouses or grandkids, and a great place to go. I had no idea you could get a jigsaw puzzle with that many pieces.

Cheryl W said...

I just love this idea for a card! I'm going to give it a try. Loved reading your story about going to Jim's Apple Farm. I've been there several times. My kids used to love looking at all the candy, too. My teeth would hurt looking at all that sugar! I actually preferred the apples, but they don't have near the selection they used to have, even when it's apple harvest time.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...