Monday, June 6, 2022

RETIRED STAMPIN' UP! BUTTERFLY DSP

I nearly forgot to post something today.  Most of the time I spend some time on Sundays scheduling cards for at least the entire next week.  Yesterday that didn't happen.


When this paper came out with Stampin' Up!, it sold out very quickly and I didn't get any.  Several years ago I met Ann Schach and we stay in touch now and then.  I contacted Ann and as luck would have it, she had a few pieces that she was willing to send my way.  I promised that I would donate the cards that I made with them.  While going through my "stash" I discovered that I had not used all of the pieces and made this card.  Twice I have donated around 50-75 cards to the Veterans Home here in Iowa.  Since I spend a lot of time making cards, I have built up quite an inventory.  My husband and I are going to take a little car trip to the Home and deliver many more.  I have several shoe boxes stuffed with cards.  

As of last Friday, I don't have access to my crafting materials since the room is completely emptied.  My husband is tearing up the carpet, removing the mopboard and window trims and then washing down the walls.  It's been a very long time since the room received that type of attention due to all of the "things" in the room.  Thursday one of our daughters is going to paint and on June 15th we are scheduled to have a "wood" floor installed.  Then the task of moving things back into the room will begin........with possibly some changes in the arrangement.  I would keep the same arrangement we had but since my husband shares the room, I guess it would be nice if I would "let him" have some input.  

Just because I can't be making cards doesn't mean there won't be cards showing up here though.  I have enough for the rest of the month and half of July!  So keep checking back.

 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

This card is really pretty. Those Veterans are so lucky to receive your donated cards for their use. I'm sure they appreciate it a lot!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...