Monday, June 20, 2022

ALL SQUARED AWAY - 2 tries


This really wasn't a set I had planned on buying.  The flower design is actually a square die but I trimmed off the "frame" of the cut piece that I had cut in dark green card stock.  I then cut three of each of the flowers in the three colors.  The colored pieces were added with foam dots.

I thought I was being so careful to get the flowers straight across.  The ribbon appears to be straight but if you look closely the tops sort of slant down to the right.  I added the sentiment above to help take away from the fact that things weren't straight.


I wasn't happy with my first attempt so I tried again.  This time I drew a very light pencil line across where the top of the flowers should be. Much better result.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I think they are both very pretty, Vicki!! Good thing about flowers is they don't have to be straight! LOL. Looks like a fun die to use.

Cheryl W said...

These cards have a fun, whimsical look to them, and popping up the flowers adds some nice dimension. I think the recipients will love them!

CARDS FOR TWO CARE CENTERS

This past Tuesday one of my friends came and we assembled cards for two care centers.  The pictures show an assortment of the papers that we...