Monday, June 20, 2022

ALL SQUARED AWAY - 2 tries


This really wasn't a set I had planned on buying.  The flower design is actually a square die but I trimmed off the "frame" of the cut piece that I had cut in dark green card stock.  I then cut three of each of the flowers in the three colors.  The colored pieces were added with foam dots.

I thought I was being so careful to get the flowers straight across.  The ribbon appears to be straight but if you look closely the tops sort of slant down to the right.  I added the sentiment above to help take away from the fact that things weren't straight.


I wasn't happy with my first attempt so I tried again.  This time I drew a very light pencil line across where the top of the flowers should be. Much better result.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I think they are both very pretty, Vicki!! Good thing about flowers is they don't have to be straight! LOL. Looks like a fun die to use.

Cheryl W said...

These cards have a fun, whimsical look to them, and popping up the flowers adds some nice dimension. I think the recipients will love them!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...