Friday, November 17, 2023

WINTERY SCENE


This isn't the best picture of my card.  I had hurriedly taken pictures of all the cards I gave to the Veterans Home and didn't realize that this one is kind of "foggy".  

Today the weather is actually still holding out pretty well for the month of November.  My youngest daughter and I are going to a local craft show this morning.  It is an annual tradition to see what we can find.  Then this evening the local Legion has Bingo.  We play 20 games and they give away 10 turkeys, 10 hams and some door prizes.  That also has become an annual tradition.  Our family has actually been quite lucky with our winnings. One year we left with two turkeys and a ham.  Last year we won twice.  All but one of the winnings were given away.  IF we win anything again this year it is likely going to be donated to a family down the street.  They have the sweetest little boy, "Duncan", and walk by our house a couple times a day with their dog.  We have kind of befriended them since they are new to our community and such a nice couple.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh my, does this card ever have a wintry chill to it. It's SO beautiful with a calm feeling.

Cheryl W said...

Even though it may not be your best photo, I can see that it is a lovely card. Beautiful design!

Lynette said...

Gorgeous, Vicki!! Did you win something to give to the family?

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...