Friday, November 3, 2023

3 CARDS FROM ONE 6" X 6" PC.


I love the Stampin' Up! Perfectly Plaid dsp.  Although this paper is retired, this particular card could be put together using a lot of different designs.  Below you can see how I was able to cut the 6" x 6" piece and get three cards with very little waste.  I used the retired tree punch.  (See my note at the end.)  I also used the second largest die from the Stylish Shapes dies for the sentiment and for the tree. 





NOTE:  I purchased this punch when it was available and had used it for other cards, but when I came up with this idea to use this year, I couldn't find the punch anywhere.  You don't know how frustrated I get when I spend hours looking for something that never shows up especially when I have a specific project in mind.  Saint Anthony is the patron saint of lost and stolen articles. I sometimes wonder if I have exhausted Saint Anthony with the way things get misplaced.  I didn't find the punch in my supplies............but I did find one on eBay.  The seller is also from Iowa and when I told her of my project to give cards to the Iowa Veterans Home, she compromised the price making it possible for me to complete my project.  There are good people in the world!  I thought once I received the replacement punch that the first one would show up.  It's still missing, but that's OK.

Thank you for coming by today!


 

4 comments:

Lynette said...

What a simple, pretty card, Vicki! How nice of her to reduce the price because of your generosity. I agree - I'm surprised your original punch didn't show up once you got a replacement. LOL!

I'm off to check out your other posts that I have missed. I know there will be a lot of new ones for me!

Wanda said...

Just lovely. Fun layout too.

Jeanne H said...

Love the way you used plaid and a punch.

Cheryl W said...

I can absolutely relate to the lost craft tool experience. I have spent hours the last couple of days cleaning and reorganizing my craft space AND looking for a lost Happy Birthday stamp. I found two dies that had accidentally gone into the trash can, but no stamp anywhere. It may (or may not) show up eventually. Glad you found a replacement tree punch. Your quick cards are very cute!

The sentiment inside of this card is wishing friends a Happy Anniversary. Thank you for coming by today!