Friday, January 28, 2011

$1.00 STAMP FROM MICHAELS

The other day when I was in Michael's I decided to check out the $1.00 stamps.  The Valentine stamps were in a separate area so I was glad I found them.  I thought this was such a cute little guy.  The dp is from Michael's.  I cut a piece 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and attached it to the front of the white card base.

I stamped the image on white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic CIAO markers (R32 and R35).  The Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Hearts were used to cut out the image and the other two layers.  The large white heart was attached using my tape runner.  The image was attached to the heart from dp paper, but then I popped the medium and small heart with pop dots to the large white one.

I have a Marvy "quotation" punch and since the little bird looks like he is trying to say something I punched a piece and stamped the little sentiment on it.

Supplies:  I can order the Marvy punch, the Spellbinders and the Copic markers for you if you are interested.

Tell me what you think.........and thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Vicki, I think this card is too sweet for words!!! What an awesome find! I need to come up with an easy idea for Valentine's for my girls, this may be the route to go. Thanks for sharing!! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Sheri said...

Too cute. Shows you that you don't have to spend a ton of money to make a darling card!s

Lynette said...

So cute, Vicki! What a great idea to use the quotation punch! I have wondered what to use those kind of things for, and now I know:)

Joanne said...

You did an AWESOME job with this card....the stamp is simply adorable, and you showcased it wonderfully!

Ann Schach said...

Aww...this is so cute! I love the colors that you selected, as well as the stamp!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...