Sunday, January 9, 2011

IT'S A BOY!

A friend of mine, Lynette, had a new grandson born in December and I was able to finally get a card made and off to her a few days ago. 

Card base is white.  I then cut a piece of SU baby blue card stock approximately 5 1/4" x 4".  The background paper is some I've had for a long time and probably came from Michael's.  The background paper was trimmed to just slightly smaller than the SU cardstock. 

The teddy bear design which I have had for a long time is from Darcie's.  I colored it with my Copic markers and then cut and embossed it with my Spellbinders Classic Circles.  Using the Spellbinders Scalloped Classic Circles, I cut a layer from the SU baby blue. 

I simply placed the design on the paper before adhering it with pop dots so I could determine where to stamp the "Congratulations".

I'd welcome your thoughts about the card............thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

annie said...

This is such a cute card!! Coloring is beautiful!
I will try to follow best I can from Mom's (well, from the library in OK) probably won't comment tho.

Lynette said...

Hmmm ... my thoughts on the card. Awesome!!! It is so adorable and well-colored! And wonderful "in real life!" Thanks so much, Vicki!

Anonymous said...

I love the card and the teddy bear stamp is too cute! I look forward
to your cards and save them in a special file. You are a great
inspiration. Thanks, Sandy

Harriet Skelly said...

THis is just adorable Vicki - I love the colors and your coloring!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Vicki! The coloring and layout are just perfect!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...