Friday, February 15, 2019

ALCOHOL INK DESIGN FROM GRANDDAUGHTERS


After I cut the design, I wanted to put something behind it that would look like water and sky.  I knew I still had some pieces that the granddaughters had made.  I wish I had taken a picture of the original piece they made because I truly didn't know if I'd ever be able to use it.  They had done multicolored stripes with the inks.

These stripes fit perfectly for the look I wanted.  I don't think I could have planned it much better.  To me it looks like storm clouds moving in.  The mat is as close as I could come to a color that picked up one of the colors in the inks.

This card is being sent to a friend in Florida.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Oh Vicki - this is beautiful!! I love the colors and it works so perfectly with your die!!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...