Wednesday, February 27, 2019

STAMPIN' UP! - "Sheltering Tree"


This was a different card for me to make.  At least I don't think I have ever done one quite like this.  The idea I saw used a square acrylic block that had been inked up with a couple of colors of ink and then spritzed.  The block was then placed down on the card stock for the background.    I have done that before.  After the wet ink had dried they stamped a design onto the colored area letting the design drop down below it.

The next step was to use a square die slightly smaller than the area that had the colored area from the acrylic block.  After matting the piece, they took the cut out area and mounted it back onto the card with foam squares.

I didn't have a square acrylic block that was very big but I found some note card from Hero Arts that I had bought a lot of years ago and not used. They had a watercolor look with the shades of yellow and orange already on the card base.  I cut the front of the card off and then proceeded to do the same thing as the card I had seen.  The matted design was then added to a 5" x 6 1/2" card base.  I'm going to do some more cards like this with different designs but using the Hero Arts note cards that I still have left.

Thank you for coming by today!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Pretty card. Thanks for taking us through your creation steps.

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...