Monday, February 11, 2019

PENNY BLACK ROSE


Saturday I was determined to spend some time at my craft table and this is one of the cards I made.  I had a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" cardstock so I first used the die with the circles to that design.  I knew I wanted to add a flower over the circles and found that I already had a white rose cut.  I sponged it with a Coral ink by masking off the green areas with pieces of Post-It notes.  Then I covered the bud with Post-It pieces first sponging a light yellow and then green over it.

I placed the rose over the circles but I knew I wanted a contrast for the circles to show up so I added a piece of shiny gold card stock and taped it down.  After adding the Rose with a spray adhesive, that layer was added to the card base with foam squares.  There was still a lot of white space so I added the flat gold metallic pieces in the corners.

I really like how this card came together.  Thanks for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great combination of elements on this beautiful card, Vicki!!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I really like this card.PennyBlack does it always.

Kris

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!