Thursday, February 21, 2019

HERO ARTS - 2 Stamp Sets and 1 Die


The cover die comes with an attached oval.  By using it in that manner, it cuts the entire design out of a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card stock.  I took the negative portion of the cut out to use as a mask to sponge the sand & sky and stamp the rest of the design.  I sprayed the die cut piece with adhesive and then very carefully added it to the colored area.


For this one I removed the attached oval and die cut it into a piece measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I placed the die cut piece on the card base and then made tiny pencil marks to show where I wanted to add the sponged "sand" and the stamped "water".  After adding the stamped portion of the design the die cut piece was adhered to the card base.

The  "water" is from a separate coordinating stamp set.  The birds, "island" and palm tree are from a set that has a lot of great beach pieces.  It's very versatile.

Thank you for coming by today!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

So, so pretty, Vicki! And I still love the dies on yesterday's cards:)

Anonymous said...

That is really neat!!!!! I might have you bring the die to Ankeny.

Kris

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...