Wednesday, December 30, 2020

CHRISTMAS POINSETTIA


Yesterday's card was a CASE of one that Lynette made.  I started to make my second card like the other one that she had posted on our group.  I didn't get it finished but went on to try stamping it with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold powder.  I really like it matted on the shiny gold.  It was my intention to stamp this at an angle so that a sentiment could be added in the lower right corner.  When I pull out my things next Christmas, I may decide to add a sentiment on a small piece of card stock and add it with pop dots......so you may see a revised version of this in 2021.

I purchased this wood mounted set from someone who had used it and had not mounted the same way the picture on top is.  In fact one of the designs is mounted upside down!  I always have to remember that when I use it.

 Thank you so much for coming by today!

P.S. Today is moving day for our daughter.  The movers stopped here to pick up some things before heading to where our daughter currently lives to load the truck there.  I'm afraid it got off to a bad start.  (Another 2020 thing).  The movers got stuck at the end of the alley and the fortunately Gary is friends with the guy who took over Gary's job when he retired.  Mike came with the tractor and helped them out.  The truck came up the alley but got stuck a second time and ended up sliding into the side of our garage.  Fortunately the only thing damaged was the gutter.  The moving company will cover the damages.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the gold and white, and I think the gold mat is perfect. Boy, the negative aspects of 2020 just don't seem to end, do they. Glad that only your gutter was damaged.

Anonymous said...

Wow Vicki exciting day I'm glad it all worked out and I love this beautiful card I'll have to try that ,thank you .
Nancy

Jeanne H said...

A beautiful card this time, Vicki. Happy New Year.

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki - I love the gold. That is such a pretty set.

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...