Tuesday, January 18, 2022

STAMPIN' UP! - Artistically Inked Die - 2 cards


Connie Stewart did cards like this.  She made the video to show how she adds adhesive to this type of delicate die cut.  I loved how she cut the piece in black and in white.  After that,she cut each one of them in half and added them to the opposite color of background. What a neat affect! This could be done in a variety of colors but the black and white always makes a strong statement.

As she did, I used the adhesive sheet on the back of the card stock before die cutting the pieces.  I like the adhesive sheets, but unlike the "Stick It" brand, it is only sticky on one side and I found it a little more difficult to work with.....not much but some.


I haven't completely finished these but want to add some black dots to the white portion after I decide on what sentient I want to use.  I could just add the dots and not do a sentiment.  I haven't decided which way to go yet.  I hope you give this method a try with some type of die that you have.  

Thank you for stopping by today!

 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I saw that video shortly after Connie posted it. I thought it was a neat idea, too. I don't know if I have a die that would work well for this technique, but I will definitely look. Your cards look so awesome!

Lynette said...

I also watched that video:-) Very pretty!

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...