Thursday, January 27, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DAUGHTER


Today is the birthday of our oldest daughter, Jennifer.  She stopped by our house on Monday so rather than mail the card (and maybe get it to her late), we gave it to her in person.  

The card was made using the Stampin' Up! Blackberry Beauty dsp.  These pictures were actually taken before I decided to make two "additions".  Because I didn't want to write on the inside and have the writing show up on the white portion when the card is closed, I added a strip of complimentary dsp to that white area.  That eliminated the chance of writing too far to the right. (See below)


 The other addition was adding a white circle on foam dots over the blackberry strip.  I just thought it added a more "finished" look.  By adding the foam dots, it also added a little weight to the arm so that it would lay flat when closed.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, Vicki!! Your additions sound like great ideas. Happy birthday to Jennifer.

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card. And I am certain your additions made it even prettier. Happy birthday to your daughter. My birthday happens to be today, too. I didn't do any real celebrating, as I am pet-sitting at my daughter's house.

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...