Monday, January 17, 2022

STAMPIN' UP! - Swallowtail Butterfly


With so many new things coming out all the time (that I think I have to have), I tend to neglect some of my retired stamps that are just too special to ignore.  I've been meaning for a long time to pull out the Swallowtail Butterfly.  I've seen it done several different ways, but I stumbled upon a Pinterest video for making this card.  Brandy Cox demonstrated the process in this video in 2013!  If you have this stamp, it is definitely worth watching.  The photo below shows how a second section of the wings is attached for dimension.


I love this card!  Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Lovely! Never got the ginormous butterfly but I did get the huge doily back in the day. I will pull that out and see if it still works lol!

Cheryl W said...

That butterfly stamp really is impressive. It's so big!! And beautiful, too. Your card is stunning.

Lynette said...

I agree - very beautiful, Vicki! The butterfly is gorgeous, and I love that you have popped out part of it.

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...