Monday, October 10, 2022

IT'S A 6 CARD DAY!

When I make a card, I take a picture of it and decide when I'd like to have it show on my blog.  There are folders for each month of the year and I place the cards in the appropriate folder and assign a date to it.  In this case they just didn't make it to the blog as intended.


This is the card I had intended to have posted on Friday.  A couple of weeks ago I decided to just go ahead and schedule enough cards ahead that I didn't have to worry about it.  Well, when that time ran out I forgot I need something for Friday.  Friday proved to be a really busy day.  We went for our Covid booster shots and did lots of running around afterwards.  By the time we got home the reaction that I get from the shot had started..........chills......and the chills got worse.  

This card was made with the Awash In Beauty dsp and the picture shows the fold.  I made the belly band to help keep it closed and added a flower as an embellishment.  Now on to the 2 cards intended for Saturday.



These two cards were supposed to have been posted on Saturday.  Since my blog was the last thing on my mind Saturday, that didn't happen.  I spent the day covered with a blanket in my recliner.  

The first card was made with retired dsp I was trying to use up and the retired Flower Shop stamp set that I just can't bring myself to sell.  The second card just used some pieces of retired dsp from the same package.


By Sunday I was still not feeling "normal".......whatever that is..... but I did manage to make it to church.  I spent most of the day still in my recliner but at least was able to read a new book from the library.  It's been a very long time since I spent so little time on my computer.

Sunday's card was to be the one I made for someone who had lost their 19 year old granddaughter to cancer.  It used papers from the Hues of Happiness bundle.  I used the dies to cut out the flowers and leaves from one of the dsp sheets.  Now onto the cards for today............


The tummies on these birds are just too bold!


I really have been concentrating on using retired papers.  Some aren't my favorites and some are ones that are so pretty I hate to use them.  Sometimes it's just hard to cut into them.  They call that hoarding I guess.  The paper is from the retired Bird Ballad dsp package. This design was not one of my favorites but I did see a couple of cards on Pinterest that used it so I got busy. Unfortunately there is still more of it.

Well, that gets me all caught up with the cards I had ready to post.  Thank you for coming by today!



3 comments:

Wanda said...

All of your cards are beautiful. I especially love the Awash With Beauty ones. Hues of Happiness DSP is stunning too. You do nice work!!

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness - what a whole lot of beautiful cards!! So pretty. Sorry your booster shot affected you so much. Glad you're feeling better now. We had ours the same day as our flu shot. We both got tired that day, but then felt great by evening. Glad to have them!!

Cheryl W said...

It's funny how the COVID boosters affect people so differently. I've had my third one, and it honestly didn't cause any side effects at all. I'm sorry you didn't feel well from yours. Your cards today are beautiful. It seems you've been very busy making cards, so I think it was definitely ok for you to rest in your recliner for a couple of days.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...