Monday, February 28, 2022

CONGRATULATIONS!

One of our granddaughters is a manager for her high school wrestling team.  Recently some of the wrestlers from her school went to state and competed in their weight classes.  One of Abby's classmates won in his class.  She was overjoyed that he won and asked if I had anything to make a card about "wrestling" for him.  I didn't.

However, I have been boxing up stamps that I want to either sell or get rid of and remembered a mini stamp set that had a solid and an outline for a "blue ribbon".  I turned the outline stamp upside down and turned it into a medal. I colored with Copic markers in the school colors and even had a piece of scrapbook paper with the school name on it.  She loved it.  I was relieved!

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Great idea for the card. It's perfect and well thought out!

Lynette said...

Great job, Vicki - way to improvise. That was very clever! I'm glad she was thrilled with it - very cool. It's a great card and I'm sure he appreciated it very much. Congrats to him!

Cheryl W said...

I can see why your granddaughter was overjoyed. You did an awesome job, and it looks like a perfect card for the occasion.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...