Monday, February 14, 2022

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! - Treat Box



Last Thursday, Wanda Pettijohn posted one of these cute treat boxes along with the video that another crafter had made.  I watched the video on YouTube and decided to give it a try.  I made two mistakes even after watching it.  Things to remember: 

1. Below I am including a picture of the pattern but with one change.  Her pattern cut out a rectangle that you will see in the video. I didn't follow the instructions from the video because it seemed like an extra unnecessary step when she ended up with a heart window anyway.  I cut my heart out and added the acetate on the inside without the extra pieces she added.  (When you see the video, you'll understand what I mean. The person in the video wanted to use the SU heart punch but it won't reach far enough into the box -- I used a die.)  My picture of the pattern shows the direction that the heart should be cut.  The first time mine was upside down when I started to make the folds! One wasted piece of designer paper!

2.  If you are using double sided paper with a direction on one side, be mindful of whether you want that side to show through the window or on the outside of the box.  For the box I am showing you, I had intended to use the other side of the dsp for the outside but after making the folds, the design was upside down so I just reversed the folds.  By doing so, now the pattern on the inside is right side up.  

If you make one of these, which really is easy once you give it a try, this will all make better sense.  Watching the video is helpful though.  Below is a picture of my revision of the pattern the video shows.  The placement of the heart can be a little higher than I have shown but needs to be placed so that the flap closure will not cove it.


Thank you for coming by today!






 

3 comments:

Lynette said...

What a cool treat box, Vicki! And the treat looks delicious, too. Thanks for the pointers and the links.

Cheryl W said...

Very cute treat bag. I like the little heart window. As I was reading your tips, I thought I might want to cut everything out except the window. Then I'd make all the folds and hold it together without gluing it in place to see where I wanted my window to be. That way, I wouldn't have to worry so much about a directional pattern.

Wanda said...

Your treat bag/box turned out adorable!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...