Monday, February 7, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TUCKER!


Making a card for a young man turning 16 is not easy!  I really struggled with this one.  I have been trying to make cards that are not the typical A2 size.  I have a Sizzix set of 21 dies for this type of card.  I used the Stampin' Up! Star dies to cut pieces with Shades Spruce, White and Gold foil.  The designer paper is from the Stampin' Up! 6 x 6 Plaid Tidings paper pack.  

After cutting the designer paper with the dies included in the set, I thought it left too wide of a white margin around the plaid and I didn't like that.  I decided to mat the pieces with Shaded Spruce card stock.  I placed the plaid piece on the green card stock and then drew pencil lines around it to get the right size.  

Because I wanted to take a picture of the card, I wish I would have put a white piece on the back side which also has a piece of the matted plaid paper. and used that for the signature. I could have just stamped "Happy Birthday" on the front piece.  I had already messed up things three times so I just decided to leave it as is.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I agree that teen boys are the HARDEST ones to make cards for. And I have FOUR teenaged grandsons, plus one that is 12. You made a great card, and I may have to case it for one of their next birthdays.

Lynette said...

What a great card, Vicki, and I'm sure Tucker loved the special card from his grandma!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...