Tuesday, February 1, 2022

CLEAN AND SIMPLE VALENTINE


As I mentioned a few days ago, I said I would post a picture of the 150 Valentine cards we made.  Sometimes I cut pieces for 2 or even 3 different ones to make.  Valentines are a little hard for me to come up with ideas that we can do in a relatively short time. My friends and I usually get together to do these and get them done in 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

The stamp is from Penny Black and I have had for a long time and it had never been used.  With a MISTI,  this card was very easy to make.  Before we got together, I cut all of the white bases, red mats and white layer for the heart.  I then went ahead and stamped all 150 designs and "Happy Valentine's Day" inside.  All we had to do was assemble them.  Usually I don't do so much ahead of time, but it had been several months since my friends had been able to do some of the card kits I make up for them.  I wanted some cards for them to be able to take home for their own use.

I started off the session having them make the flower card made from heart punches and then we got down to business.  Since these didn't take long, they had the chance to make several cards just for fun.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

That is a very beautiful stamp, Vicki - I can't believe you had never used it!!! What a gorgeously simple valentine. How nice that you had them all ready to assemble to allow more time for playing.

Cheryl W said...

These Valentines are perfect for both males and females. I'm so impressed you could get so many cards done so quickly and still have time to play. What fun!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...