Tuesday, January 16, 2024

MEANDERING MEADOWS DSP/FANCY FOLD

On January 2, Rita Holmes had a video showing how to make this card.  I'll include pictures of how this card is supposed to open at the end of this post.  

I have the Meandering dsp that she used so I chose a sheet to make a similar one.  When she demonstrated how to assemble the card, she added the inside before working on the outside panels.  On the inside there is a strip of the same dsp down the left side of the panel.  

When I started to work on the outside of the card, I didn't realize I had added the inside panel upside down which meant that MY card was going to open  just the opposite of Rita's. The strip inside is directional so it dictated the rest of the layout.  IF (and I mean IF) I make another one of these cards, I won't add the inside panel until the front is done.




Below are two pictures of the way this card was intended to be made:



Since I was taking a snapshot from the video, it was hard to get the best pictures.  It doesn't show but Rita had a narrow strip of the dsp on the left hand side of the panel inside the card.

Thank you for coming by today!







 

3 comments:

Lynette said...

A very pretty - and complicated- looking! - card.

Wanda said...

WOW! What a beautiful card and not only fancy but an amazing fold!

Cheryl W said...

That's quite the fancy fold! Must have taken you awhile to get this one together, but it looks great! The recipient is definitely going to be impressed!

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...