Tuesday, January 9, 2024

ONE HORSE OPEN SLEIGH/LAYERING DIORAMA DIES


Card closed

This card was fun to make but getting the piece inside lined up perfectly was a bit of a challenge.(shown below)  Most of the cards you see are usually for Christmas.  Living in Iowa with Winter upon us, I thought this piece of the dsp would be great for a birthday card for someone in January or February. 

The Diorama dies make a fun opening for a scene to show in an opening.  First I added the piece of dsp (5 1/4" x 4") to the front of an Early Espresso card stock.  I then cut the opening through both layers.  

Since the card base is dark brown, I had to have a white layer inside for a message or just signing our names.  I placed the die cut piece with the littledeer on the white card stock and it did nothing for me.  It definitely needed to have a mat behind it.  The next die bigger than the one I had used had a different shape to it as you can see in the picture below.  The deer was added to the mat and after that I added glue to the back and then carefully jiggled it around so that the design shows perfectly through the opening on the front of the card.  




Inside
 
Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool, Vicki! I can see that it would be hard to line it up perfectly. A great winter card.

Wanda said...

Awww. What a sweet card. I love the layering.

Cheryl W said...

Sounds like it took some finagling, but it resulted in a very nice card!

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...