Sunday, January 21, 2024

QUILTED CARD - LEMOYNE STAR DESIGN

A few days ago I discovered a Quilted Cards group on Facebook.  Boy, have I been having fun!  There are two other designs that I have made but this is the most recent.  These are such a fun way to combine various patterned papers.  Just changing one of the colors changes the look entirely.  Below I will show you what I mean.  The card below will only serve as a template for future cards since I discovered that some pieces need to be made using non-directional designs.  You will note that two of the triangles have a pattern that is going the wrong way.  

Making these can be a bit addictive!  I've already made almost 2 dozen with the various patterns and using a lot of  scrap pieces from retired papers.

Thank you for coming by today!


 

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Sounds like you are having tons of fun with these, Vicki!! Very cool. They are great!!

Wanda said...

Oh my, these are SO pretty. A lot of time and love went into making these and it shows. Nice job!

Cheryl W said...

I love your quilt-inspired cards! I have a star quilt die, too, so you've inspired me to get it out and make some more cards with it.

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...