Saturday, June 22, 2024

Yesterday we had a fun trip to Cantril, IA for the Dutchman's Store!  We stopped in Bloomfield first and had a nice lunch at a family diner.  We figured we could "walk off" our lunch when we got to Cantril.  The trip wasn't disappointing.  Our daughters are a real hoot when we get together.  I forgot to take my camera to take pictures in the store, but one of our daughters took a selfie of all of us across the street from the store.  We're already talking about our next trip to Cantril.  It wasn't disappointing.  

The store has lots and lots of fabrics.  It is a large Amish community and I just know there are a lot of quilts being made with all of those beautiful fabrics.  There is also a grocery area which we didn't check out too much although I did get a bag of noodles.  However, we did our damage in the area for sweets and found a couple of puzzles for next Winter.

It didn't have some of the things that the store in Minnesota had but had more of other things.  It was also only 2 1/2 hours away compared to a 4+ hour to just South of Jordan MN.  





Two more cards and envelopes from the paper pad I used for the cards on yesterday's post.  I'm not sure but I think these papers are from Graphic 45.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

BEAUTIFUL cards. I had to do a double take, it looked like they were from the store.

Lynette said...

Two more wonderful cards. I should use up some of my patterned paper on the envelopes. I never think of it! Oh, how fun to take trips with just your two daughters!! Looks like a fun time and a fun store, too. Please remember to let me know if you're going to make the trip to Minnesota, though, so we could meet you there!

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous cards in today's post! If they were in my stash, I think I might want to horde them so I could just look at them from time to time. Glad you had such a fun trip. We're driving down to Quincy, IL, the weekend after July 4th. Hmmmm...wonder if I can convince my husband to detour through Cantril!

I bought the floral dsp and the blue card stock in Des Moines years ago and had not done anything with it.  In my effort to use up some of m...