Tuesday, September 28, 2010

POPCORN THE BEAR

One of our nephews has a little girl that is going to be 3 years old in a few days so I made this little card for her.  The teddy design is one of a series of "Popcorn the Bear" from Crafter's Companion and I purchased it from Joann.com. 

Thankfully I stamped the image on two cards.  I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  On the first card I tried coloring the image with SU markers.  The coloring went fine on the flowers and little duck but the brown I used on the teddy was a little dark and it also streaked for me when coloring such a large area.

On the second card I chalked the teddy bear up with a light brown chalk and didn't even take care to avoid the stems and flowers.  To set the chalk I  put a piece of paper over the chalked image and used a brayer to roll over it firmly several times.  This helps to set the paper into the card stock.  Then I still colored the flowers with markers and the markers covered up the areas where chalk was on the flowers.

After finishing the above card, I took some dark chalk and went back over the first teddy and was surprised that it evened out the color on that one nicely so I was able to salvage it.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this...your coloring is WONDERFUL and the image is ADORABLE! She will LOVE this bear!!!
Joanne

Annie said...

What a cute card for a cute little girl!!
Love these bears!

Sheri said...

So cute. What three or thirty year old would not like this one? A good hint about the chalk! And I am glad you could salvage the original. That is always a plus.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...