Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MAGNOLIA BIRTHDAY

Last summer (2009) when our Yahoo Group of ladies met in June, my friend (Andrea) shared all of her Magnolia stamps with us. I stamped off A BUNCH and have colored some but need to get more of them used. I'm not familiar with all their names, but I thought this little gal was so cute and it was fun to color. If I'd have had the actual stamp, I would have paper pieced her dress.

The design was colored with my Copic CIAO markers and then I added glitter to the pink parts of the birthday cake using a glue pen and Hero Arts Prima Glitter. It is very fine and adds such a nice sparkle to the card. (Let me know if you would like to order CIAO or Sketch markers as well as the glitter.)

The background paper is from Kasiercraft 6" paper pad "Utopia Collection". Very pretty papers in that pad. I used vellum for my flower with a tiny pearl in the center.

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Vicki, what a fabulous card!!! I really love that vellum flower and leaves!! Great coloring as well! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Ann Schach said...

So cute! Great coloring!

Annie said...

Beautifully designed card Vicki!! I love everything about it, the background, the flowers and leaves, and you've colored this darling image so nicely!! Love it!

Lynette said...

Very cute, Vicki, and your coloring is fabulous!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...