Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SCALED DOWN BRAYER CARD

As I believe I mentioned earlier, most of the cards I make are the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" size so I wanted to see if I could scale down one of the designs we made in the class with Michelle Zindorf. This is what I came up with. By not putting a reflection image that made the design much more adaptable to the A2 size.

When I stamped the tree, I didn't ink the grass portion with the black. Then I cleaned the stamp and stamped the grass portion with SU Wild Wasabi ink. The wolf was added and then I needed to finish off the bottom portion by sponging more of the Wild Wasabi so it didn't appear the wolf was floating in the air. With a marker, I added a few blades of grass around the wolf's feet.

I like this size and think I will be trying to make more brayered cards. I will probably be more limited in what I can do but I think I can still come up with some good scenes.

THANKS for looking!

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love it! You are doing a great job with your brayering!

Sheri said...

I like that as well as the one with the reflection! Great job, Vicki

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful, I would love to take one of her classes soon.

MAY WE NEVER FORGET!

No doubt everyone remembers where they were when the news broke of this tragedy.  We have been to Shanksville 3 times and were grateful that...