Monday, September 27, 2010

ROSE NOTE CARD

My friend, Connie, loaned me the SU stamp that I used on the background of this card.  It makes such a beautiful suttle design that almost looks like designer paper.  I stamped it with the Hero Arts Soft Lilac Shadow Ink.  With such a large stamp, I inked it up and then put the card front on top of the stamp. The front of the card was slightly smaller than the stamp. I put a piece of typing paper on top so I wouldn't get my fingers all inky. I firmly rubbed around on the paper to get the ink transferred evenly.  As the ink dried it lightened up a bit which made it even more pretty.

The white strip was edged on both sides with a Martha Stewart punch.  I inked a small part of the large stamp again and after stamping it I used my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle set to cut out a piece.  The small Rose which is stamped on the white card stock is from a retired SU set which has a flower for each month of the year.  I added this to the card using pop dots.

This was an easy card to make and I think it will make a nice feminine note card or birthday card for someone.  What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Definitely a beautiful feminine card!

Annie said...

what a pretty card!! nice soft color, just beautiful!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the soft lilac color and the great design

Anonymous said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! The flowers and lace are so perfect with this technique!!!
Joanne

Kim Burmeister said...

This is beautiful! I love the softness of your card. Gorjus!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!