Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A LAUGH IS A SMILE

Monday I had a lady come to my home and I helped her with some new things for her to do with cards she makes. Spellbinders were new to her so I demonstrated a few things and she asked about making a "window" on the front of a card. I folded a piece of off white card stock and showed her just how simple it is. I put the piece aside.

Today I decided I wanted to use it before it lay on my table for too long. I ran the front through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. I then took the circle that had been cut out and stamped the image on it but ruined it. So I decided to just stamp it on the inside of the card and colored it with SU markers.

Using a Spellbinders Fancy Tag, I cut the off white piece for the sentiment at the bottom of the card and I traced the die onto the green paper for a piece slightly larger to frame it. The card still needed something so I cut a scalloped circle frame to go around the window.

(Correction: The shape at the bottom of the card is not one of the Fancy Tags. I used Labels 10.)

Do you think the two sentiments go together? I think I'd have been better off just stamping a floral design in the circled area.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I like the two sentiments together and the green complimenting the green, this is so nice.

Annie said...

I think this card goes together very well! laugh, smile, happy, all one theme, and I REALLY like the window card, the image and sentiment together is just perfect!!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Love the layout and the embossing!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicki, this is such a beautiful card....love it!!! I especially love that sentiment! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...