Friday, July 16, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! - 2 Cards Using the Tailored Tag Punch


I have seen a lot of cards using the Tailored Tag Punch and decided to buy it.....not just to make this type of card but to use it for sentiments.  Most of the cards I had seen used multiple patterns of paper, but for my first try I decided to use pieces that were all alike..  The floral paper that I punched is not from Stampin' Up! but was on my table for a long time so I decided to experiment with it.  I punched 8 of the flower design and 1 of the ivory card stock.

I started by adding the middle one first and then gradually adding the other pieces.  Naturally some were much too big but the edges were then trimmed off.  I discovered that I needed to trim down the entire piece because it wasn't quite centered and then added it to a second Soft Suede mat.  By doing that everything was too big for an A2 card.  I have some ivory card bases and envelopes from Michael's and used one of those for the card base. 


Now that I had the idea of how to put these pieces together, I experimented with some of the SU Hand-Penned Petals papers.  I love the colors.  You may notice that a little more of the pieces around the edges show up on this card.  The pieces were put together first on a piece of white card stock before adding the trimmed piece down on the Misty Moonight card base.

This style of card can be made using all kinds of shapes.  It's probably best if you arrange the on the table first until you are satisfied of the combination.   Just start in the middle and start adding them to a piece of white or coordinating card stock that is larger than a card base.  After they are all adhered, then trim it down to the size you want.

Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Fun card designs! If I had to pick a favorite, I guess I'd choose the second, more colorful one. Thanks for the advice on how to determine the pattern you want before gluing anything down.

Christine said...

Great idea. Love the colours on the the second one. Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing

Lynette said...

That looks like a fun punch, Vicki! Wonderful arrangements.

Three cards from one sheet of 6 x 6 dsp. Rachel Tessman had a video using the new Thoughtful Journey 6 x 6 dsp.  I hadn't received mine ...