Saturday, July 10, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! - Ornate Garden dsp

 


Last night I started watching a video but it was about 1 1/2 hours long so I finished watching it this morning.  During the video she did make four card.  The first one is one I'm going to try to CASE but it will take some time.  After the first two she decided to make a quick and easy card.  

This card was started with a traditional top fold card base.  I chose a different paper from the same paper pack as she did.  The reverse side of the floral design is the narrow strip that I used.  I then stamped two of the cute little flower on the front of the card and wanted to color them with the SU blenders.  Since I'm aware that alcohol base markers will bleed through the paper I did take a small scrap of the same paper and then scribbled with the small tip of the So Saffron blender.  No bleeding.

I then started coloring the flowers very lightly and wouldn't you know the color did bleed through!  I proceeded to then color the leaves and stem very carefully using Mossy Meadow.  I knew it would bleed through as well but it also expanded outside the lines!  Fortunately I had just received the SU Color Lifter and was able to "push" the expanded green back. 

After all of that I knew I had to cut off the front of the card and trim it down.  It was then added with  foam squares to a new card base.  There was still a sign of the green along the stems but I was able to cover the worst of it with the little yellow bow.  Project finished.  It was supposed to be quick and easy but in the end I like the idea of the piece being popped up on the card base.

Thank you for coming by today!  Hope you are having a great weekend.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your card turned out very pretty. No one would have known you had to "change directions" midway through. Your little bow adds a nice touch, too.

bonnie32002 said...

I agree with Cheryl; no one would ever know that there were smudges. It looks like the ribbon is the perfect embellishment!

Three cards from one sheet of 6 x 6 dsp. Rachel Tessman had a video using the new Thoughtful Journey 6 x 6 dsp.  I hadn't received mine ...