Friday, January 27, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!


Today our first born is celebrating her 49th birthday..........gosh that makes me old!  Unfortunately her card isn't getting mailed until ON her birthday!  I had intended to make a card for her last weekend but I had come down with a horrible cold and sore throat which kept me out of commission for several days.  It wasn't until yesterday that I was up to making something for her.  

I have some of the Stampin' Up! "Wonderful World" dsp and have seen some really pretty cards with it.  Two of the sheets in the package have these large designs that can be cut out.  I am not a fan of having to fussy cut things but this wasn't too bad and making a special card for one of our daughters was worth a try.  I even fussy cut the sentiment on the front.  This is a pretty close CASE of one of the cards I saw on Pinterest.  The little clear embellishments are from Hero Arts.  

Our daughter knows how sick I've been so I know she understands, but I certainly felt bad having to send the card late.  

Jennifer often complains about how the weather ruins plans on her birthday and in true fashion, it snowed today.....not much.....but just a reminder to her.  I found this picture of her when she was about 2 years old and probably in January, so I posted it along with our wishes to her on Facebook.






1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Your card is lovely, and I am certain your daughter will appreciate it, no matter when she receives it. My birthday is today, too, and I know what it's like to almost always celebrate on a bitter cold day. My mother used to remind me how cold it was on the day I was born.

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...