Wednesday, December 29, 2021

CHRISTMAS CARD


I intended for this card to be on my blog Christmas Eve Day.  Unfortunately I got busy preparing food for supper that night and also food to take to our daughter's home on Christmas Day. 

Our Christmas Eve church service was beautiful!  For the first time in over 15 months the church bells rang out before the service started.  Because the Derecho in August of 2020 took down the steeple of our church, we hadn't heard the bells ring since then.  It gave me goose bumps hearing them again.  AND for the first time in a very long time our church was full.  (I have to admit I was a little anxious about having so many people there with the surge of Omicron variant showing it's ugly face now.)  On Christmas there is always a choir and soloists which topped off a very special gathering.  Insurance dictated that we weren't able to even be in the church sanctuary last year.  Services must have been held in the Parish Center.

I sincerely hope you had a special Christmas like we did.  We managed to make it a very special one for our grandchildren and also had a lot of fun with gag gifts given and received.

Now that busiest time is over for us, I hope to get back to making some cards again.  It's not that I need any more, but I like to have something fresh on my blog almost every day.  We'll see what I come up with.

It won't be long though until I may need to take a break here.  For the first time in years I will need to hire someone to do our income tax return and the returns for my mother who passed away in April.  That will require me having my information in a lot better format to take to the accountant instead of just looking at my computer as I prepare the returns myself.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a wonderful card, Vicki. Nice layout and nice coloring. I'm so happy you were able to have your Christmas service this year. We were able to sing our first hymn in nearly two years on Christmas Eve. We wear masks at church and only the choir sings the hymns now, so it was a real treat to get to sing "Silent Night." Glad you had a great time with family, too.

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is lovely, and the gatefold makes it extra special. Whoever receives this card will treasure it.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...