Monday, December 6, 2021

CASING SU DEMONSTRATOR, Mary Fish


I follow the blog Stampin' Pretty by Stampin' Up! demonstrator, Mary Fish.  Her December 3 blog post was showing samples of cards made with items that are being discontinued.  When I saw the card I have CASED here, I was surprised to read that the flower was made with the vase punch.

The card base is Chocolate Chip with a Calypso Coral mat (4" x 5 1/4").  The white layer (3 3/4" x 5") was embossed with the Subtle 3D folder.

I used a circle die to cut out an area on the white layer and added the dsp behind it.  Using a scalloped circle slightly larger I cut the scalloped piece.  Before adding the flower, I looped the gold thread and fastened it to the card with two large glue dots which also held the flower when I added it.  

The short vase design on the punch was used to get 10 "petals".  I assembled them on a circle by placing the outer petals first and then the 4 on top of them.  I also lined the envelope with the dotted designer paper.

You can find the tutorial on her blog here:Vase Builder Punch Flower

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

People can get SO creative with their punches - what a great idea this is! Very pretty card, Vicki - I like the colors.

Cheryl W said...

So pretty! I never would have guessed that the flower petals were made with a vase punch. I love the details you added--scalloped circle frame and DSP behind the the circle aperture. They really make this card special.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...