Monday, December 20, 2021

FESTIVE FOLIAGE

 


This first card is actually much prettier in person.  The picture doesn't do justice to the gold embossing.
After embossing with gold powder I colored with blenders.  I then matted this one with gold card stock and then added it to the green card stock.  A stamped the Merry Christmas on a long scrap of white card stock, laid it on the front of the card and marked the angles so I could cut it with my trimmer.  It was added with a foam strip.


For this one I decided to just stamp the design with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the color with blenders.  When it isn't along side of the one with the gold embossing I like it fine.

Five more days to Christmas and I'm having to make a last trip to town to HOPEFULLY find the last of what I need for gifts......mostly gift cards......but making several stops.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been busy making cookies and treats.  To date I have made 

1.  A triple batch and a single batch of a snack mix
2.  Double batch of Peanut Blossoms
3.  Double batch of cut-out Christmas cookies
4   Four batches of a recipe called "Mama's Candy" 
5. Lots of white chocolate and chocolate dipped pretzels and pretzel rods
6.  Pretzels with the Rolos and pecans (these disappeared very quickly)
7.  Spritz to use my cookie press (they didn't come out well so I just make drop cookies.)

Still to come: Cornflake cookies, unbaked chocolate/oatmeal cookies, and cheese balls.

We do share a lot of what I make and still manage to eat too much of it.......but it's only once a year.

Thank you for stopping by today!



2 comments:

Lynette said...

They are so beautiful, Vicki! I love the gold embossing. What a gorgeous stamp. Oh my goodness - you've done SO much food preparing!! We pretty much do nothing in that respect, but we still end up with way too much around here.

Cheryl Winget said...

Both cards are great, but the gold-embossed one is absolutely stunning! That's a great stamp in that it creates an entire card front. I've been doing a lot of baking, too. And I'll add one more batch of butter tarts tomorrow. Then I'll call it enough!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...