Sunday, November 27, 2022

CHRISTMAS CARD FOR CARE CENTERS


When we make 120-130 cards for the care centers we try to come up with a simple design but something pleasing to the eye.  Last year after Christmas, I found note cards on the Michael's website on a great sale.   I bought several packages of them thinking we could use the note cards for at least some of the ones we do in bulk.  Sometimes we make three different versions but we made all of them alike this time.   The note cards are this black and white plaid and the front and back have the same pattern.

I wasn't sure what we were going to do but made up a couple of samples to choose from.  The one we didn't use kept the note card together but the paper is a little light weight.  I decided to stretch the bargain I had found and cut the cards into 4 strips........so now we have more of the paper to use on a future project.

The combination of the red and green with the black and white turned out to make what we felt like was a very festive card to donate.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

SO SO pretty. I LOVE the clean look to your card.

Cheryl W said...

I think your card looks great. So creative to cut the note cards into four pieces and use them as you did. It'll be fun to see what you do with the rest of them, too.

On April 16 I posted a card using the 1" squares in this manner.  The post also includes a link to the video that I had watched.  After...