Saturday, November 5, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND


Even though I made my own cards to send, I usually end up buying a card for my husband.  (I know, shame on me.)  When this "Nuts About Squirrels" set came out I knew I had to have it even if I didn't use it a lot.  

Gary has two place where he places whole cobs of corn for the squirrels.  One of our daughters gave him a cute little picnic table for one ear.  One time he even made one that twirled around when the squirrel went to get the corn.  It was hilarious to watch them but they soon got used to it.

The stamp set doesn't have any corn so I used a die from one of the "Chick" sets to make it more personal for him.  The squirrels did get acorns though from a neighbors tree and sometimes bury them n our yard.

Thank you for coming by today!  Hope you are having a great weekend.

 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I bet your hubs loved his handmade card. I'd love to see those squirrels dealing with a twirling cob of corn. They are playful little creatures, but can be destructive, too. We have to "squirrel proof" our pipe to the gas tank for our grill. They like to chew through it!

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...