Friday, February 17, 2023

SENDING LOVE AND SYMPATHY


One of our daughters lives an hour away and when her children were small, we weren't able to help out as much as we would have liked when she suddenly needed someone to watch the kids.  Fortunately she had made friends with a lady at church who filled in and we all called her Grandma Fran.  She is such a lovely lady!

We see her on various family occasions.....dance recitals, graduations etc.  Recently Grandma Fran's husband passed away and I certainly wanted to send her a card.  

The card base is Crumb Cake.  I'm not sure of the measurements of the other layers.  I fussy cut the flower from the "Wonderful World" dsp and added it to the white layer with dots of Tombow glue.  The sentiment is from the SU "Love and Sympathy" stamp set.  This layer was added to a gold foil layer and then added to the card.

I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card, but I used an old wood mounted stamp with "praying hands".  I inked it, stamped it off once and then stamped it inside for a light image.  Then I stamped a sentiment over the top.  I love the look doing that especially on sympathy cards.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Your card produces such a calming effect. It's a perfect sympathy card.

Jeanne H said...

A beautiful card and sentiment.

Lynette said...

Such a lovely card, Vicki. I love the flowers. How wonderful your daughter had a substitute "grandma" for her kids when you were not available. Sorry for her loss.

Cheryl W said...

Your card is beautiful and so thoughtful. I'm certain it was much appreciated.

The dsp is from Thoughtful Journey.  The deer are from Impression Obsession.  The die that I used to cut the trees actually had trees comple...