Saturday, February 11, 2023

STAMPIN' UP! - BoHo Indigo Medley


I have been hoarding all of the papers from this collection.  I fell in love with the entire bundle when it was available.  I have to admit I bought too much of the paper but in my effort to use the many retired papers that I have, I pulled it out and made three cards.  


As you can see, I really like this layout for a card.  I start with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of card stock and score it at 4 1/4".  Then I cut off 1/2" and discard that piece.  Next I cut a piece of the dsp to measure 4" x 5 1/4" but cut off 1/2" on the right edge.  That strip of dsp is added to the inside right edge of the inside.  If you use colored card stock as a base, you will then need to see what size of white/ivory card stock you need to add on the inside for your sentiment, which is what I did on the first card.  You will see the third one tomorrow.  

Thank you for coming by today!  Hope you are having a great weekend!
 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

These cards are very pretty, and I love the idea of cutting a bit off the right front side, too. Adding the strip of DSP to the inside is a nice touch.

The dsp is from Thoughtful Journey.  The deer are from Impression Obsession.  The die that I used to cut the trees actually had trees comple...