Tuesday, August 16, 2022

CASING LISA CURCIO & RITA HOLMES


Lisa Curcio (and her daughter) & Rita Holmes both had videos showing this "Twisted Ribbon" technique.  After making a couple of strips, I grabbed this retired dsp from a 6 x 6 pad.  I made the strip with the pattern, mounted it on narrow strips of one of the patterns.  I used a Penny Black die and cut out the balloons.  The ties for the balloons were drawn randomly with a fine Sharpie.  

I had previously posted a card with an ice cream cone that I had intended to give our youngest granddaughter on August 9th.  Long story, but that wouldn't have been a good choice, so this is actually the one I sent her.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Another fun technique for adding interest to a card! I love when you share these. This is a great card for anyone at any age.

Wanda said...

I love the look of the twisted ribbon technique. I am going to have to give that a try. It's something new to me.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...