Tuesday, August 9, 2022

LET'S SET SAIL - 2 cards


For this card, I cut the white piece of card stock to 3 3/4" x 5" because I wanted a wider border of the Night of Navy card base.  I cut out the circle for the sky and sponged it with Daffodil Delight ink.  The white layer was added with foam squares and then the circle inserted back into the opening with the stamped birds.

The sailboat was cut from navy card stock and some striped dsp that was in my supplies.  Most of the sailboat was glued to the front but tiny pieces of foam dimensionals were added to the part that was above the circle opening.


When I made this one, I didn't add the white layer with foam squares.  I just adhered it to the navy card base.  The circle was cut from a piece of the New Horizon dsp which had great colors for the sky and birds were stamped.  I added some small die cut clouds with dimensionals.

This time I stamped the "sails" and cut with the matching dies.  The "waves" were added with an old embossing folder that I have had.

Thank you for coming by today.

 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love your nautical cards. The first one is especially nice with that yellow "sun." I have a cute sailboat die that I need to get out and use. It's great for masculine cards.

Lynette said...

So nice, Vicki! My favorite is the first one, but the second one is great, too.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...