Friday, August 19, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA!


Card Front

In August, we celebrate birthdays for three of our granddaughters.  Today is Emma's 21st!  A long time ago I found this paper and had to buy it.  The design is called "Emma".  I think I made a card for her once before using some of this but pulled it out again.  Since it's a special birthday, I decided to make a "fun fold" card for her.  I really like this type of card.


Card Inside
 

This little treat box using Hershey Nuggets is one I saw on a video from Brenda Quintana.  I had seen another one as well, but Brenda's "box" was a little more sturdy. She has instructions for making single line boxes in various sizes on one video and another video having 2 and 3 lines of treats.  I don't have bags like the second video I saw but she told me she uses "pretzel bags" from places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby.  Fortunately I have some small 3 x 4 bags with a zip closure that fit this little box perfectly.  These are so fun to make!

Emma's mother has planned a surprise birthday party for her tonight.  We're sure hoping that she hasn't found out about it.  Emma was really "disappointed" when we told her that we would have to see her at a different time to give her her gift.  We told her a "story" about going away for the weekend.  The disappointment showed on her face but I think she'll forgive us when she finds out the truth.

Thank you for coming by today!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great special-fold card, Vicki!! Beautiful papers, for sure, and how fun it is called "Emma." Your treat box is so special, too. And that is very cool about her surprise party. Have fun!

Wanda said...

SO pretty. I LOVE the fun layout and of course the colors. The covered candies are such a fun gift too!

bonnie32002 said...

Love the different fun fold! And the colors are perfect.

Cheryl W said...

I love fun folds, and this is a great one! The nugget box is awesome, too. I visited the link you provided to see how they were made. I also joined that mailing list so I can see more tutorials. Thanks for including the link in your post.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...