Friday, August 26, 2022

USING UP SCRAPS


I've done this type of card before but after watching a video from Rita Holmes, I decided to make another one..........continuing in the effort to use up retired dsp designs.   I already had a little bag of scraps from these designs so it didn't take long to trim some of them to the size I wanted.  Rita used 1" wide strips but I chose to use strips that were 3/4" wide.  I certainly have more scraps from different designer paper packages where I will use this idea again.  

Today would have been my mother's 100th birthday.  She made it to age 98, but this year she will be able to celebrate with my father in heaven.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors you used. And a perfect way to use scraps!!

Cheryl W said...

Your card turned out awesome! I love the mix of patterns you used. Their intense colors all go together so nicely, and the daisy was the perfect embellishment.

My dad would have turned 100 on July 6th of this year. He only made it to 78 (died in 2000), and I still miss him.

Lynette said...

That makes for such great cards! Thanks for the reminder.

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...