Saturday, August 6, 2022

GREAT WAY TO USE A 12 X 12 DSP

One of the packages of DSP that I have and want to get used up is the "Watercolor Wonder" DSP.  One of the sheets has a zig zag pattern in multiple colors.  The other side was a variegated yellow/orange combination.  Recently I saw something on Pinterest that then referred me to a blog where she showed how to cut the entire sheet into sixteen  3" x 3" squares.............so I gave it a try.  I used my own designs and layouts.  Below are the 7  cards that I have made so far using some of those squares. The 7th card also uses some dsp from another sheet.  Below that there is an 8th card which uses another design from that pack.   



This one made me think of the forest fires in the West.



The next 3 cards also use the Daffodil Delight layer but the color is really washed out.




For the next one I used one of the 3" squares as a mat for the sentiment layer.



And so there are 8 cards using up some of the Watercolor Wonder dsp........and yet there is still more to use.   If you have some sheets of dsp that have a similar background to the first cards you saw, this method can be used for all kinds of colors.  Thank you for coming by today!












3 comments:

Lynette said...

Those are all great, Vicki! I saw a video one day where she took a 12 x 12 sheet and cut it into thirds and then each third in half, so the pieces were 3 x 6. It's amazing how great the designs turned out! I did that with some Christmas paper that I had and it worked out so well.

Wanda said...

I LOVE your cards. They are stunning with that DSP. I often overlook that DSP because I find it difficult to work with. You shined a new light on them in such a lovely way!

Cheryl W said...

Wow! You have certainly been busy, and your cards look amazing! I especially love the ones with the embossed strip. I always think that recipients cannot say, "Well, I could do that," whenever cards are heat- or dry-embossed. Unless they're cardmakers, of course. :)

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...