Thursday, August 25, 2022

WOW! 6 CARDS TODAY


A couple of years ago when Covid shut down so many things, I joined several on-line retreats presented by five ladies.  Jackie Bolhuis was one of the demonstrators.  I subscribe to her newsletter and videos because along with others that I follow, they give me the ideas to use up some of my hoard of dsp.

The first five cards are made using the very simple idea.  I chose a piece of retired Sweet Sorbet dsp.  Before cutting the paper, I stamped the large sentiment in a coordinating ink.  I knew the paper was going to be 4" wide but needed to measure a little to get the right sizes for the upper and lower pieces.  

This idea works great if you have a piece of dsp where you really like the flip side of it as well.  I didn't necessarily do mine that way simply because what I had left of these papers were just pieces of sheets that I was able to combine. 




I didn't have a piece that was the appropriate size for the bottom edge of this card, so I cut three strips to use instead.



Then I had one last piece to use.  It was 2 inches wide and slightly over 5 1/2 inches long so I trimmed it down.  I nearly threw it away but decided to make a stab at using it as well.  I have some 12 x 12 pads of in color pads that SU used to sell.  The dotted "Crisp Cantelope" dsp on the card below came from one of those pads.  


Now all of the "Sweet Sorbet" dsp is GONE!  No more to use up!  Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Bravo to you for using up so much DSP!! The soft colors and pretty patterns made some great cards. Your creativity really kicked in when you used leftover strips that were less than 4" wide. I think I might have just tossed those in the bin (shame on me!).

Lynette said...

Pretty card, Vicki. Great job of using up that pattern of paper!! I think I have only ever once used up a pad of paper. Mostly I have used just a few sheets from each. :-(

Choosing the right paper is important! Heidi Collins demonstrated this layout on a YouTube video that I cannot find again.  I had the Softly...