Wednesday, April 12, 2023

APRIL 11 AND APRIL 12 CARDS


April 11th Card

Once again I forgot to post a card I had designated for yesterday.  Since I already have enough cards to cover the next month, you get several cards today.  

I discovered that one of the scalloped  dies from Color and Contour set fit perfectly in the space with this SU embossing folder.  There was a scrap of the Bird Ballad dsp that I couldn't bring myself to throw away so I trimmed it down to fit.

Below are the two cards scheduled for today using more of the Bird Ballad dsp.  This  was my favorite paper from that pack.  I cut two identical pieces and then cut off 1" from the side for the book binder fold.  As you can see, I just reversed the way I chose to show the designs.



For years we have had Robins building their nests  on the back side of the house.  They usually start by trying to build a nest on the light just outside the back door.  It causes quite a mess!  However, eventually they get the idea and build their nest under our upper level deck. It  is great because then we get to watch the progress of baby Robins and sometimes have gotten to watch them leave the nest.

Thank you for coming by today!

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Very pretty. I LOVE that embossing folder. It was one of my favorites. You did a great job featuring the DSP

Lynette said...

Such pretty, pastel-ly colors on these wonderful cards!

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful cards today. Discovering the perfect fit of the scalloped rectangle die helped make that first card really special. Love the bookbinder cards, too. That's one of my favorite designs. In fact, I think I'll make a couple this week to donate. How fun to watch baby Robins hatch and grow!

Jeanne H said...

Lovely use of the dsp. It's such wonderful colors and I like your design. tfs

   These are the other two cards I made following the video from Owl Star Stampers.  You can find a link to the video on my May 1st post. Th...