Wednesday, August 25, 2021

CRUSHING ON CARD STOCK - 2nd Card for Day 1


I didn't know if I could come up with a combination of colors for this design, but then decided to carry through with the "rainbow" strips like I did on yesterday's card.  It's not a really hard card to make, but once the strips are cut, it takes a little time to get the stripes lined up.  I mounted the strips on a piece of grid paper and then mounted them on the black card stock to really set off the colors.  

The "Smile" piece was cut three times and stacked to make it a little more sturdy and to give it some dimension.  After I was finished I was pretty happy with the results.  

Thanks for stopping back again today!

 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very colorful and happy card! Love the geometric design of your focal piece. It must have taken a bit of time to glue them all in place, but I can imagine how fun it was to finally put them together in your desired design. I'll have to give this a try.

Christine said...

Very bright and colourful, really cheerful so yes, I smiled.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...