Wednesday, August 11, 2021

USING DESIGNER PAPER FOR THE CARD BASE


The designer paper I used for this card base was some I purchased at Scrapmania in Cedar Rapids, IA.  I bought it because I liked the pattern on the other side of what you see here but had never come up with a card until now.  It works best if you use a piece that is nice and firm.  

From a 12 x 12 piece of designer paper you will get two cards.  However as I learned from this one, when making the scor lines you need to be aware if there is a vertical design.  When I made this one I was interested in using the plaid for the outside and quickly scored it.  Then I realized it was opening in a different direction than planned.  I won't say "the wrong way" because this works too.  If I had the opening the way I intended the birds on the dp would have been upside down.

Below you will see this card open and then the second card with scoring to open the opposite direction.  I loved how the Stampin' Up! Blushing Bride card stock matched this designer paper from a craft store.




After making the two cards with the birds, I made up kits to make with my two friends who come for "play dates".  The card below is the one we made together using designer series paper from the Stampin' Up! Flowers and Field package.



 Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

More very cool cards, Vicki! I love that you are making so many different fold-cards. The paper on that first one is especially pretty.

bonnie32002 said...

I love the very finished look that using these papers give your designs!

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous cards! You recovered beautiful from the first misstep. No one would ever know that it wasn't exactly the way you wanted it to be. I can't even count the number of times I've used two-sided paper without looking at the directional pattern. I guess you CAN'T teach an old dog new tricks. lol

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...